Explore the gorgeous and wild waters surrounding Richmond Island in this tour launching from our Crescent Beach location. This is a trip suitable for all skill levels!
Family Sea Kayak Tour
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 7-16
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Come enjoy a fun day exploring the waters of Portland and its surrounding islands with your family!
The slower pace of this tour is perfect for families with younger children. We’ll take it easy, leaving plenty of time for kayak skill-building, wildlife-spotting and paddling fun. Only children 7 and older may join our trips due to the size of our sea kayaks and other equipment. All children younger than 12 must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult.
- Picturesque views of Portland and it’s surrounding islands
- Possible sightings of seals, eider ducks, guillemots, osprey, eagles and all sorts of seabirds
- Roughly two hours of slow to moderate-paced sea kayaking; appropriate for novices
- Possible splashing and dripping during the paddle — you may get slightly damp or wet.
- Double (two-person) sea kayaks that are stable, swift and perfect for beginners. Or, if you prefer, request a solo kayak.
- A brief lesson on the basics of sea kayaking taught by an expert kayak guide
- Licensed Maine Guide