Kayak across Portland harbor to one of the most fascinating historic sites on the Maine coast. This is a 3-hour guided sea kayak tour with a visit to Portland’s legendary Fort Gorges!
Crescent Beach Half Day Tour
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 10-16
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Come explore the waters off of beautiful Crescent Beach in Maine!
This tour departs from our base at gorgeous Crescent Beach State Park, which is a 15-minute drive from our main site in Portland. A reservation for this trip comes with free entry to the state park.
The waters off Crescent Beach offer the perfect environment for sea kayaking. On this 4-hour tour we typically paddle along the coast towards Two Lights State Park and then cross open waters to reach the shores of Richmond Island. We’ll paddle along the shores of the island and then back to Crescent Beach taking a different route, looking out for seals, working lobstermen, seabirds and diving osprey. This is a trip suitable for all skill levels. Your guide will begin your trip with a brief sea kayaking lesson and provide you with a kayak well-suited to your experience level and body type. When launching at Crescent Beach we sometimes need to paddle through small waves, so you should plan to get wet.
- Exploring a quiet section of Casco Bay
- Possible sightings of seals, eider ducks, guillemots, osprey, eagles and all sorts of seabirds
- Roughly three hours of slow to moderate-paced sea kayaking; appropriate for novices
- Possible splashing and dripping during the paddle — you may get slightly damp or wet.
- Double (two-person) sea kayaks that are stable, swift and perfect for beginners. Or, if you prefer, request a solo kayak.
- A brief lesson on the basics of sea kayaking taught by an expert kayak guide
- Licensed Maine Guide