This two-hour adventure on Casco Bay is designed for families with children ages seven and up. Enjoy a fun paddle along the waters of Portland harbor and its surrounding islands! The slower pace of this tour is perfect for novice paddlers and children.
Half Day Kayak Tour
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 12-16
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Island-hop your way through Casco Bay in Portland, ME!
This trip offers an island-hopping adventure in the archipelago of gorgeous islands in Casco Bay that lie between the open ocean and Portland harbor. You’ll look out for wildlife like seals, eider ducks, herons and osprey and you’ll enjoy views of some of the bay’s most fascinating landmarks, including lighthouses and historic forts. There are endless options for exploration, so your exact route will depend on the weather conditions and tide cycles.
Halfway through the trip you’ll land on an island beach for a break. This tour is the perfect fit for people with some sea kayaking experience who want to venture a bit further than our shorter tours.
- Picturesque views of Portland and it’s surrounding islands
- Island beach time!
- Possible sightings of seals, eider ducks, guillemots, osprey, eagles and all sorts of seabirds
- Roughly three hours of slow to moderate-paced sea kayaking; appropriate for novices
- Possible splashing and dripping during the paddle — you may get slightly damp or wet.
- Double (two-person) sea kayaks that are stable, swift and perfect for beginners. Or, if you prefer, request a solo kayak.
- A brief lesson on the basics of sea kayaking taught by an expert kayak guide
- Licensed Maine Guide