This two-hour adventure on Casco Bay is designed for families with children ages seven and up. Enjoy a fun paddle along the waters of Portland harbor and its surrounding islands! The slower pace of this tour is perfect for novice paddlers and children.
Fort Gorges Sea Kayak Trip
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 10-16
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Kayak across Portland harbor and tour Fort Gorges—Portland, Maines most fascinating historic site!
Fort Gorges, a Civil-War-era fort in the middle of Casco Bay, is one of the most fascinating places to explore in the area and it’s only accessible by small boat! We’ll start off this guided trip with a paddle into Portland harbor and then make the crossing out to the Fort, where we’ll land on a beach and allow plenty of time for exploration. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you all about the Fort’s storied history.
- A visit to historic Fort Gorges, where you’ll spend 30-45 minutes exploring the site
- Possible sightings of seals, eider ducks, guillemots, osprey, eagles and all sorts of seabirds
- Roughly two hours of slow to moderate-paced sea kayaking; appropriate for novices
- Possible splashing and dripping during the paddle — you may get slightly damp or wet.
- Double (two-person) sea kayaks that are stable, swift and perfect for beginners. Or, if you prefer, request a solo kayak.
- A brief lesson on the basics of sea kayaking taught by an expert kayak guide
- Licensed Maine Guide