The hour just before sunset is the best time to paddle the waters of Casco Bay. The light is beautiful, the harbor is less busy and the seas tend to be calmer, often creating ideal conditions for SUP!
- Most Popular!
Sunset Sea Kayak Tour
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 10-16
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Glide across Casco Bay in Portland, ME as the sun begins to set!
The hour just before sunset is the best time to be paddling on the waters of Casco Bay. The sky tends to explode with color and the seas often become glassy and calm. This trip involves a leisurely paddle just far enough along the waterfront or into the islands to enjoy a panoramic view of the sun setting over the city as we paddle back to the East End Beach. This two-hour tour is designed for paddlers of all experience levels — including first-time kayakers.
- Picturesque views of Portland and it’s surrounding islands
- Possible sightings of seals, eider ducks, guillemots, osprey, eagles and all sorts of seabirds
- Roughly two hours of slow to moderate-paced sea kayaking; appropriate for novices
- Possible splashing and dripping during the paddle — you may get slightly damp or wet.
- Double (two-person) sea kayaks that are stable, swift and perfect for beginners. Or, if you prefer, request a solo kayak.
- A brief lesson on the basics of sea kayaking taught by an expert kayak guide
- Licensed Maine Guide