This two-hour adventure on Casco Bay is designed for families with children ages seven and up. Enjoy a fun paddle along the waters of Portland harbor and its surrounding islands! The slower pace of this tour is perfect for novice paddlers and children.
Fall Foliage Paddle on the Presumpscot River
Choose between a kayak or a canoe, and ride the gentle currents down this scenic waterway.
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 12-17
- Private Tour , 1 - 4 people Price is per trip
- Private Tour , 5+ people Price is per person
Take in the Fall Foliage While Paddling down the Scenic Presumpscot River
Paddle one of the most wild and scenic stretches of the Presumpscot River and enjoy views of the fall foliage. A licensed Maine guide leads this trip, offering basic paddling instruction and deep knowledge of the ecology and history of the region. Along the way, you’ll spot wildlife, learn about the rich history of the river and stop for a snack break at a riverside orchard. Participants may choose between using a canoe (two people minimum) or a kayak. No previous paddling experience is required. Your guide will start off the trip with a brief paddling lesson. There is a gentle current flowing down this 5-mile stretch of the river.
You’ll meet your guide at Portland Paddle’s main site at the East End Beach in Portland, where they will get everyone geared up (with lifejackets and paddles) and give a brief paddling lesson. Then your group will be shuttled by van 20-30 minutes to the launch site on the Presumpscot River in the neighboring town of Windham. You’ll end your trip just outside the downtown of Westbrook, where you will be picked up and brought back to the East End Beach. There is free parking within walking distance of Portland Paddle’s site.
- Spotting wildlife including bald eagles, osprey, ducks, herons and turtles
- Viewing the spectacular colors of Maine’s fall foliage
- Letting the gentle currents of a scenic river float you to your destination
- Canoe or kayak, with paddle and lifejacket
- Transportation from a convenient meeting point in Portland to the banks of the Presumpscot River
- A licensed Maine guide with deep knowledge of the area
- A snack halfway through the paddle