Want to Join Our Terrific Team? We’re Hiring for Summer 2024
Open Positions Include Sea Kayak Guides, Site Manager & Shore Staff
Portland Paddle is staffed by a talented team of folks who are passionate about paddling. Many of our staff members return every summer, but we’re also seeking new members of our team for the 2024 paddling season.
- SEA KAYAK GUIDE: Spend your summer leading sea kayaking trips on Casco Bay and beyond. You must have a valid sea kayak guide license from the state of Maine, or be prepared to get one by enrolling in our guide training course and taking the state guide exam. Prior outdoor leadership experience and/or sea kayaking experience required. ACA or similar certification is a plus. (Starts in May or June, 2024)
- SHORE STAFF: This is our core entry-level position that involves supporting our sea kayak and paddleboard rentals and trips. A typical day in the life of a shore staff includes splitting your time between various customer service duties, moving and cleaning kayaks and teaching customers about paddlesports and the local environment. (Starts in May or June, 2024)
SITE MANAGER: This manager is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations of our main site at the East End Beach in Portland are running smoothly. They will lead the shore staff team, coordinate daily operations, assist with scheduling and coordinate activities at the East End site with Portland Paddle’s other operations. (Starts in April or May, 2024)
- EQUIPMENT MANAGER: This manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and deployment of our gear, equipment, vehicles and facilities. They may also assist with transporting gear and customers and coordinating the delivery of rentals. (Starts in April or May, 2024)
HOW TO APPLY
1. Visit the employment page of our website and read the full job descriptions. Decide which position is the best fit for you. Also take a look at our website so you understand a bit more about us and what we do.
2. Complete the online application that is linked at the bottom of each job description.